Church History

Building the Rectory in 1821

The Specification and Plans of the new Parsonage built for the Revd. William Ray Clayton, Rector of Great and Little Ryburgh 1820-1858

Ryburgh and the Revd. George Edmund Tatham

The first Tatham "makeover" of St Andrews, much of it in George Tatham's own words

1910 in the days before the Upper Wensum Diary

Ryburgh from the pages of the first surviving Parish magazines

The remaining glass and other heraldry in St Andrews

Besides the many William Wailes windows, we have a few other bits of Victorian glass and some interesting survivors of a bygone era.

William Wailes Glass

We believe that we have the largest collection of William Wailes' glass in Norfolk. It has in the past been described " by common consent to be of the very worst of the Victorian period" How opinions change in 50 years!

John Christian A.M.

Who was the occupant of the ledger stone in the chancel at St Andrew's?

Snapshots of the past at Ryburgh Church

A collection of family photograph's recording life at St Andrew's in times past

The Ryburgh Angels

Details of the 1912 embroidery

Great Ryburgh

History by F.H.Tatham 1947

The Chancel Arch Inscription

Changing fashions in St Andrew's

Powered by Church Edit